Joining Cambridge City Conservative Association makes you part of the most open and democratic political party in the United Kingdom.
Eligibility criteria for joining the Conservative Party
- Any resident of the United Kingdom is eligible to join the Conservative Party.
- Members are not required to be registered voters or UK nationals.
- There is no upper or lower age limit on membership, although prospective members under the age of 15 cannot be enrolled as full voting members.
- Once you join the party, you automatically become a member of the Cambridge City Conservative Association if you reside in Cambridge.
What can you do as a member?
- After the first three months, you are eligible to vote at all general meetings of the Association and in all national ballots of the Conservative Party.
- You have a say in the selection of, and can indeed stand as, candidates to be local Members of Parliament, City and County Councillors.
- You also have the chance to influence Party policy by letting us know your views, going to conferences and meeting other members of the Party.
Interested in volunteering?
We have a number of voluntary opportunities to get involved in the Cambridge City Conservative Association, including campaigning, door-knocking, leafleting and organising events.
Write to the Association Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on volunteering opportunities.
Events and Fundraising
We run a regular calendar of social events throughout the year where you can meet likeminded people, which we advertise through our mailing list.
Many of our members also choose to donate towards our campaigning costs. You can also become a Member via the Patrons Club, to which the subscription is £250 per person, per year. Patrons Club Members are invited to partake in an annual dinner with a minister and events throughout the year with local Members of Parliament.